A day with a professional alpine Guide to learn the basic techniques of ascent and descent and the basics of self-rescue in avalanche.
Minimum 4 participants - The excursion will be confirmed when the minimum number is reached.
Program: meeting at the Guides office at 8:30 am and brief explanation of the technical material. During a real excursion in the area of Breuil-Cervinia we will see the progression with uphill ski mountaineering, the use of skins and the descent in the off-piste. Furthermore the first notions for the use of the ARTVA, the shovel and the probe and the self-rescue techniques in case of an avalanche accident will be treated.
The itinerary will be decided on the spot on the basis of meteorological and snow conditions, in addition to the average level of the group. All the proposed itineraries will be carried out in the most hidden and uncontaminated places of Valtournenche and Cervinia.
PERSONAL TECHNICAL MATERIAL
- Backpack 20/30 lt
- Ski mountaineering equipment: skis, bindings and ski mountaineering boots, skins, rampant, ski mountaineering poles;
- Safety material: shovel, artva, probe (included in the quota, if not provided)
- Helmet for the descent
CLOTHING AND USEFUL THINGS TO HAVE
- Sunglasses for high mountains
- 50+ sun cream and lipbalm
- Ski gloves + 1 light pair
- Breathable T-shirt
- Windstopper or fleece sweater
- Waterproof and breathable jacket (Gore-Tex or similar)
- Down jacket
- Ski mountaineering trousers
- Windproof overcoat
- Ski socks
- A reserve T-shirt
- Ski mask
- Paper towels
- Water bottle or Thermos
- Bars or a sandwich for the climb
The rate includes:
- UIAGM certified guide for the duration of the excursion
- Safety material (ABS, ARTVA, shovel, probe, harness)
The rate does not include:
- Meals and drinks
- Transfers and transport
- Everything that is not explicitly mentioned